• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

To tick or not to tick ?

CarolB08

LostCousins Member
Morning all having just entered some more family onto the census Lost cousins site I am undecided as to whether to tick the birth marriage or death boxes for certificates held. You see I do not have the paper copies of these only the downloaded pdf versions without all the headers, all of which I would be happy to share with a relative if they wanted them. So do I tick or not ???
 
I can’t see any reason not to tick. After all, for family history purposes it’s the information that matters, not whether it is certified or not. Have you checked to see if Peter has given any ‘help’ on this?
 
I can’t see any reason not to tick. After all, for family history purposes it’s the information that matters, not whether it is certified or not. Have you checked to see if Peter has given any ‘help’ on this?
No I had not thought of this, do you mean on this website or the census entry web site? Thank you for your answer Pauline.
 
The original idea was to stop two cousins ordering the same certificate. These days there are other options but they still cost money or require a subscription (in the case of marriage register entries), so the principle is the same.
 
Back
Top