Please forgive rookie errors in this, my first LC forum post. I have hunted on the forum for the answer to my question without success.
Of my husband's 4 grandparent lines, I have 3 where the paper trail and his DNA matches go tidily hand in hand. The 4th, the father's father's line, has no DNA matches that align with the paper research. I have had his DNA on FT, MyH, and Ged for ~4 years and Ancestry for ~2 years. His family is from East Anglia and Kent.
What are the chances that this gap is simply the product of:
Do I keep waiting for a DNA match to pop up that finally fills the void, or can I reasonably suspect the milkman?
Guidance and experience much appreciated.
Of my husband's 4 grandparent lines, I have 3 where the paper trail and his DNA matches go tidily hand in hand. The 4th, the father's father's line, has no DNA matches that align with the paper research. I have had his DNA on FT, MyH, and Ged for ~4 years and Ancestry for ~2 years. His family is from East Anglia and Kent.
What are the chances that this gap is simply the product of:
- the key matches choosing not to put up a tree
- the key matches choosing not to make results visible
- an earlier NPE - husband's great grandfather is likely not fathered by the man who raised him
- smaller families/ fewer children surviving to child bearing age than usual in 1 or 2 generations
- no USA emigration, thus fewer available matches given DNA test volumes by country
- some weird gene mutation that makes descendants on this branch averse to taking DNA tests?!
- etc?
Do I keep waiting for a DNA match to pop up that finally fills the void, or can I reasonably suspect the milkman?
Guidance and experience much appreciated.