Specifically for Lost Cousins...the details needed to entry a new cousin seem to have vanished. All I get for a Scotland 1881 census is the Archive Reference of RG11, with dashes for Piece, Folio and Page. I can't enter any more cousins with that info!
Unfortunately if findmypast is your only source for Scotland 1881 you'll have to wait until they reinstate the references. Other sources are Ancestry, the FamilySearch CD ROM set, and Scotlandspeople.
Why is it SO slow now? View attachment 458
Tim, perhaps it is so popular, that it is experiencing heavy traffic?
Tim your little headbanger is causing me distress to look at - can you take him away? please?
I noticed the reference to DC Thomson Family History on the website but it took me a while to cotton on to who they were. It will be useful to remember this when I've used Ancestry information as the only source in my tree.It looks like they're using FMP's data and search engine.
Maybe you're just doing the wrong searches, Tim?
It does seem to be faster now.