Bryman
LostCousins Megastar
I have been unable to conclude any search in the new FMP for most of the afternoon, receiving error message each time
Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.
Our support team have been notified of this error and will correct it as soon as possible.
findmypast.co.uk
I also started to get this error (repeatedly) and thinking that I was the only one affected, I gave up for the day.
I did send a rather snotty email to FMP asking to be reconnected to the previous search system or to be sent a refund of the remaining 6 months of my World subscription. I was told that I could not access the old system (for technical reasons!?!) and was offered a free extension to my subscription.
I think FMP should have run the two systems in parallel until the new one was working adequately for most/all subscribers with any updates only being applied to the new system. That is what a professional computer operation would have done.
Perhaps I should have gone with Ancestry originally but I don't like their search results being more than I ask for. Having said that, I now find that FMP are heading the same way with dates/locations being ignored with some searches! I search for someone in Richmond, Surrey in 1890 and get back people from Devon in 1930's !!! At least the surname matched.
Seems they are still building and tweaking. A premature launch perhaps? Yesterday was not so bad except for being exceptionally Slowwwwwww , I went into the kitchen, put the kettle on, and still 'buffering' when I returned. Family Search was lightning fast by comparison.
Yes, v-e-r-y, v-e-r-y s-l-o-w. There is only so much coffee that one can drink in a day. . . and this at a time when everyone in UK should be tucked-up in bed and asleep.