Sinnsearan
LostCousins Member
Hi folks
The Glasgow Story site hosts Glasgow's 1913/14 valuation rolls - searchable by street name. You've got to get the spelling right though.
There is an advanced What, Where & Who search too which throws up photos, posters and all sorts. I found a photo of the rather sinister [in my opinion at the time] primary school I attended when I was 5.
I tried typing in Tailors in the hope of finding a poster or advert of my great grandfather's business, but though there were interesting returns, my tailoring family wasn't amongst them, however, you may be luckier
The pictures are zoomable using the View Larger Image instruction above the images and you can save them in a photo album for easy reference. no cost involved.
Enjoy
The Glasgow Story site hosts Glasgow's 1913/14 valuation rolls - searchable by street name. You've got to get the spelling right though.
There is an advanced What, Where & Who search too which throws up photos, posters and all sorts. I found a photo of the rather sinister [in my opinion at the time] primary school I attended when I was 5.
I tried typing in Tailors in the hope of finding a poster or advert of my great grandfather's business, but though there were interesting returns, my tailoring family wasn't amongst them, however, you may be luckier
The pictures are zoomable using the View Larger Image instruction above the images and you can save them in a photo album for easy reference. no cost involved.
Enjoy