Carla
LostCousins Star
Would I build a trench in my garden to experience what it was like in WW1? Highly unlikely, but I suppose Andrew Robertshaw has shown real dedication in his research of what life was like for the men that fought during that war. In 2011 he recreated an enormous dugout in a field behind his house as an 'educational tool' and I have to say, looking at the photographs, he has certainly did an amazing job, and even wrote a book about it, 24hr Trench: A day in the Life of a Frontline Tommy.
I have read all sorts of books and diaries, watched documentaries and sat through a lot of films, all to try and understand what my grandfather, and the many men who endured so much, went through. I dont think I will ever fully know their experiences, and I so wish I had spoken to my grandfather about his life. Still, built a trench? Nope!
I have read all sorts of books and diaries, watched documentaries and sat through a lot of films, all to try and understand what my grandfather, and the many men who endured so much, went through. I dont think I will ever fully know their experiences, and I so wish I had spoken to my grandfather about his life. Still, built a trench? Nope!