Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
Would anyone be able to help me with reading a surname in a 1717 will, please? I've posted an extract from the will below, but for further handwriting comparison, the will is that of a John Ferrers of Minchinhampton, in the Gloucestershire Wills and Inventories 1541-1858 set at Ancestry.
The surname puzzling me is more or less in the middle of the extract (near the bottom of the full will), just below the name Rebecca, and between "my daughter" and "and her children". The context of the will suggests this will likely be the daughter's married surname (no forename given), as in "my daughter Smith", but I haven't been able to find a likely marriage.
My reading of the surname is L o h e ? r - but that hasn't got me anywhere so far.
Any suggestions, please?
(As an aside, I wasn't able to upload this image using Chrome, and had to switch to Firefox to do it.)
The surname puzzling me is more or less in the middle of the extract (near the bottom of the full will), just below the name Rebecca, and between "my daughter" and "and her children". The context of the will suggests this will likely be the daughter's married surname (no forename given), as in "my daughter Smith", but I haven't been able to find a likely marriage.
My reading of the surname is L o h e ? r - but that hasn't got me anywhere so far.
Any suggestions, please?
(As an aside, I wasn't able to upload this image using Chrome, and had to switch to Firefox to do it.)