I have met about 25 'lost' cousins in recent years . About 20 of these were not just 'lost' - I was entirely unaware of their existence before starting my researches. The others were of lines I knew about but our families had lost contact 50- 80 years ago. All the meetings have been successful, and it has been fascinating to meet people with such varied lives and experience many of whom had documents and photos ,relevant to our mutual lines,which were new to me. In turn I was able to give them much new material and information - it's important to ensure the benefit is two-way, and that everyone feels confident that the information which is being shared will not be mis-used. All of the meetings were in the UK , but in many cases while the 'lost cousin ' was visiting the UK from New Zealand , Australia , USA and elsewhere.
Without a contact I made through the 'Lost Cousins' website , I would not have met 11 out of the 25 lost cousins. It took some time before I got that contact through Lost Cousins but it came eventually and was very fruitful, so I'm very appreciative of Peter's website .
Without a contact I made through the 'Lost Cousins' website , I would not have met 11 out of the 25 lost cousins. It took some time before I got that contact through Lost Cousins but it came eventually and was very fruitful, so I'm very appreciative of Peter's website .