• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Story of Sacrifices and Coincidences ,

Britjan

LostCousins Star
In the latest newsletter, published today, is an account by Vickie Beamish of how a member of her family who was a soldier who died in WW I has likely been finally identified and will be properly laid to rest. The story is all the more poignant for me because over the summer through Lost Cousins Vickie and I became acquainted on line.
 
I suspect a whole lot more of these stories will surface as we re-live the various 100th Anniversaries over the next 4 years. We'll have the 100th Anniversary of the start of the war, 100th Anniversary of Somme, Passchendaele, the football match etc. I suspect a time not only to remember but to awaken an interest far and wide in researching family history.
 
Back
Top