Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
Well it's a mystery to me and it really shouldn't be. I really do not have a problem with St Cadoc as Wikipedia tells me he was a born c497 and was an Abbot called Cadoc or Cadog, (or in Welsh Cattwg where he was also known as Cattwg Ddoeth "the Wise"). He should not be confused with Cadoc of Cornwall who apparently was a Prince.
I have tried to establish why a C of E Church in Hall Green Parish of Birmingham (which features in my family history) now called St Peter's was originally known as ' St Cadoc's Guyana Dale'. Click this link StCadoc
to discover this information for yourself: scroll down to C of E Hall Green St Peter.
But 'Guyana Dale' has me well and truly beaten and Googling in full or part ends up taking you to articles on Guyana or persons called Dale and all shades in between. But nothing under the full description of St Cadoc's Guyana Dale except the one solitary entry already given.
I am a member of BMSGH (the link is from their webpage) and I will ask if anyone can explain the Guyana Dale bit and I have even emailed the current Church's website to see if they can throw light on the matter. I thought meanwhile perhaps someone on the Forum can throw light on the matter, even if just to put me out of my misery.
I have tried to establish why a C of E Church in Hall Green Parish of Birmingham (which features in my family history) now called St Peter's was originally known as ' St Cadoc's Guyana Dale'. Click this link StCadoc
to discover this information for yourself: scroll down to C of E Hall Green St Peter.
But 'Guyana Dale' has me well and truly beaten and Googling in full or part ends up taking you to articles on Guyana or persons called Dale and all shades in between. But nothing under the full description of St Cadoc's Guyana Dale except the one solitary entry already given.
I am a member of BMSGH (the link is from their webpage) and I will ask if anyone can explain the Guyana Dale bit and I have even emailed the current Church's website to see if they can throw light on the matter. I thought meanwhile perhaps someone on the Forum can throw light on the matter, even if just to put me out of my misery.