These days we have Flora Light because it's cheap (I only ever buy it on special offer) and relatively healthy.
You have hit on a touchy subject (for me at least) and that is the qualifying word 'Light' (aka Lite). Second only to drinks labelled 'Lo(w) Cal'. I avoid all such and view both adulterations as a way of interfering with and reducing taste and efficacy. All done in the interest of promoting health and well being when there is no evidence that they do so. (
More on that later).
Taking Low Cal drinks first: I enjoy drinking Lime flavoured Tonic water on its own (sans Gin I might add); sometimes lemon as an alternative. To my annoyance at the moment Tesco only have the Low Cal versions
(this might be down to supply problems rather than cutting out the unadulterated versions). To get round this I buy plain (unadulterated) Tonic Water and add slices of lime (or lemon). My wife enjoys a Summer-fruits drink (similar to 'Pimms' but NOT -as that is far too dear). It has an alcoholic base but is topped up with Lemonade
(without additive fruit or umbrellas on sticks). She also will not touch the Lo-Cal versions and fumes when she has to seek out natural lemonade. If she cannot locate same (and I have know her seek out staff and get them to look for same) we go elsewhere.
As for Light (Lite) Butter/ Margarine, we prefer NORDPAK standard Butter spread (lightly salted) available in tubs (small medium and large) but NOT the Lite version. I also buy butter packs (salted and unsalted) for use in cooking, but for spreading on toast, sandwiches always Nordpak butter spread. We do not buy Flora or any other Margarine type product.
I have mentioned before that I was advised on a Diabetes Prevention Programme to avoid all Lo-Cal versions of drinks. I was borderline diabetic, but in the end and after tests was not diabetic. My wife who is diabetic (type 2) is reminded often when attending her Diabetic Clinic also to avoid Lo-Cal drinks. So we have both taken those warnings to heart.
The advice on butter or margarine and cheese for that matter is go by choice but eat in moderation. We do vary as my wife has 'Good Cholesterol' ratings whilst I have statins to keep my (not so good) cholesterol in check. But time and again specialist advice has always been to try to choose natural unprocessed food, whilst noticing labels regarding Calorie/Sugar/Salt. I leave such things to my wife but with the proviso that the product must also come up to taste standards.
This is the advice found online:
"There is no clear evidence indicating how healthy or unhealthy light or low calorie foods are. The fact is that they don't have any proven benefits for our health. They are not necessarily the most effective choice of foods for weight loss either. If you want to lost weight in a healthy way, the best route is to stick with natural unprocessed foods and cut about 300 calories per day.