There are growing numbers of Parish Register Transcriptions available for Somerset on a wide variety of websites. So where to start?
The best free site I've found (and for Somerset the free sites are so far more comprehensive) is on Ian Sage's site. He maintains a Somerset on-line PR transcriptions index which appears to reference all the other sites I've discovered.
Two other starting points are the FreeReg Somerset & Bristol site and the Somerset Online Parish Clerk site. The Somerset OPC site is less developed than the Dorset OPC site and fewer villages have an OPC. However the page for each village gives a link so you can see the FreeReg progress as well as a link to the Somerset Archives showing the years covered by the Registers.
The best free site I've found (and for Somerset the free sites are so far more comprehensive) is on Ian Sage's site. He maintains a Somerset on-line PR transcriptions index which appears to reference all the other sites I've discovered.
Two other starting points are the FreeReg Somerset & Bristol site and the Somerset Online Parish Clerk site. The Somerset OPC site is less developed than the Dorset OPC site and fewer villages have an OPC. However the page for each village gives a link so you can see the FreeReg progress as well as a link to the Somerset Archives showing the years covered by the Registers.