canadianbeth
LostCousins Star
Mine has also been updated; it says two added to Maternal and three to Paternal but no way to tell who they are. Also, since November my maternal has increased by 324 and paternal by 275.
My own tree also shows updated Jan 2023 with 1 added to Parent 1 and 4 to Parent 2. I see the unassigned is still pending updates, but this holds little interest for me, and the 2 shown as 'Both sides' are likely to be quite obvious (my daughter for one). I have to own to having little interest in Side View other than as an occasional tool to aid an investigation.My husband's test says 'Updated Jan 2023'
Looking at the 5 tests I have access to, ALL of the assigned matches are ones that are over three months old, i.e. none of the 'new matches' (<3 months old) have been assigned, unless manually assigned by me.But when considering the number of 'new matches' over the last 3 months, the assigned figure hasn't grown by much
Essentially I agree, but SideView (which we still don’t have in our main subscriber account) can be useful when you have shared matches on both sides of your tree, and you don’t know where the connection might be. And it’s also useful if you have a significant cluster of unknown matches where all the shared matches are also unknown.I find SideView much less useful than Shared Matches, as those often home in on a particular area of the tree quite nicely.
Congratulations! Took long enough, didn't it?It's arrived!! It wasn't there yesterday but when I checked my DNA matches today, I found the 'By parent' feature had finally made it to our subscriber account. 3 of the tests we manage show updated Jan 2023 while my sister's is showing Dec 2022.
Yes! And we still don't have the Chromosome Painter (for what it's worth) - I was expecting that to arrive first.Congratulations! Took long enough, didn't it?
Does it matter? I don't give it a moment's thought, but maybe I should?I can understand that they have found a lot of users don't realise how many unassigneds they have resolved, since you need to keep a note of the totals to see it.
Neither do I, with the added rider I wouldn't.Does it matter? I don't give it a moment's thought, but maybe I should?
I had a similar email on my sister's account, but whereas my matches say updated January 2023, hers still say December 2022. I've given up trying to second-guess Ancestry!This may possibly indicate that they've finished this round of updates.
It may be that the update cycle spanned the month end.I had a similar email on my sister's account, but whereas my matches say updated January 2023, hers still say December 2022. I've given up trying to second-guess Ancestry!
I can understand that they have found a lot of users don't realise how many unassigneds they have resolved, since you need to keep a note of the totals to see it.