It's the same for me. We do know that they will only run an update once a month - what we are seeing now may be derived from the same data that produced the Ethnicity Estimates in April.One interesting thing I've just noticed, all of my matches that have been assigned are over 3 months old, all the more recent ones are unassigned. Is this the case for everyone I wonder?
Yes, same for me too.One interesting thing I've just noticed, all of my matches that have been assigned are over 3 months old, all the more recent ones are unassigned. Is this the case for everyone I wonder?
Presumably you've read what it says in the blog post that I recommended?I have many currently unassigned matches, and one labelled as "Both", but she has only a very small match with me over 1 segment.
On my own account - with a subscription - neither my DNA test nor that of my husband of which I am manager show the P1/P2 allocations. However, on my husband's account my DNA test (of which he's a viewer, not a manager) does show the P1/P2 allocations. So Ancestry have obviously dealt with my test, they just don't want to show me the results in my account. Like you, I'd like to manage both tests from an account with a subscription.On my own account, currently an account without a subscription, my own DNA test isn’t showing the sideview beta allocations of P1, P2 etc. so I presume they haven’t dealt with all tests yet.
Thank you Helen, I had seen your earlier posts and wondered whether Ancestry had sorted yours yet. It is interesting that even with only viewer rights your husband can see your results which you can't see on your own account! I wonder whether anyone else is in the same boat and whether it's just ancestry's slowness.On my own account - with a subscription - neither my DNA test nor that of my husband of which I am manager show the P1/P2 allocations. However, on my husband's account my DNA test (of which he's a viewer, not a manager) does show the P1/P2 allocations. So Ancestry have obviously dealt with my test, they just don't want to show me the results in my account. Like you, I'd like to manage both tests from an account with a subscription.
We still don’t have this feature in our account, and the last I heard was that it might taken until February to roll it out to everyone. As I mentioned before we’ve been subscribers at Ancestry since the year dot, but we’re still among the last to get any new feature.I wonder whether anyone else is in the same boat and whether it's just ancestry's slowness.
I agree "loyalty doesn't count." You could say giving the info to free accounts might tempt them to pay but on the other hand if they are given the new info free... I will just have to be patient.We still don’t have this feature in our account, and the last I heard was that it might taken until February to roll it out to everyone. As I mentioned before we’ve been subscribers at Ancestry since the year dot, but we’re still among the last to get any new feature.
That seems reasonable but it won't always work in practice - some will be spurious matches, and some may not match your mother because of anomalies in the statistical processing.I had worked on the basis that if a DNA match of mine didn’t match my mother they were on my father’s side.
I agree. My son has a 15 cM match with someone with whom I don't have a match at all, but I can see from their tree that they are my 3rd cousin 1x removed.and some may not match your mother because of anomalies in the statistical processing.
Well I have 'lost' 'by parent' Side View feature on my Mums and My own Ancestry DNA pages.
Do you mean that the 'By parent BETA' page doesn't appear when you first click on 'View DNA Matches'? That's happened to me too, but I can still see which matches are assigned to which parent and use the 'Groups' to filter by assignment.
On my cousin's DNA account, which I manage, the 'By parent BETA' page still appears.