• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Sharing Ancestors in common with a referral

KimL

LostCousins Member
Happy Lockdown 2.0 from Melbourne, Australia. I happily referred lost cousins to a known cousin in the hope that your fabulous advice will help them too. Normally I would highlight ancestors we share at the time of the referral but I was in a rush at the time. I would like help them along and encourage them to enter data for their other 1881 census ancestors which will in turn help more members but I cannot work out how to do it retrospectively? Is there a way to do this?
 
Happy Lockdown 2.0 from Melbourne, Australia. I happily referred lost cousins to a known cousin in the hope that your fabulous advice will help them too. Normally I would highlight ancestors we share at the time of the referral but I was in a rush at the time. I would like help them along and encourage them to enter data for their other 1881 census ancestors which will in turn help more members but I cannot work out how to do it retrospectively? Is there a way to do this?
If you create a referral I can add the code retrospectively, and it should work - though the system was never intended to be used this way. If they haven't entered any relatives themselves it is guaranteed to work - if they have, and they overlap with the relatives in your referral there is a slight chance of a problem, though in testing it has always worked for me.
 
Thanks Peter, I'll create a duplicate referral. Apologies for the retrospective work created. If it is not possible then don't waste any of your time on it. I know better for next time.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top