Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
As well as my own Tree I have compiled quite a successful one for my wife and my latest addition was discovering her Great grandfather – a widower when he married her Great grandmother – had two adopted children from his first marriage. This brought a reaction I did not expect.
She made it clear that as the children were adopted and not bloodline (to her) she did not want them included in her Tree. I expressed surprise- indeed incredulity - and argued that this was a blinkered view as I could show descendancy from the adopted children alive today and living in her home town; but she would not be moved.
I should point out that in the Tribalpages website I maintain on her behalf and indeed in the FTM 2014 database containing her family tree they are very much included. This does not faze her as long as the family I show in her Genpro Chart omits their presence. In this she asks only that I show her bloodline Descendant line commencing with Great grandparents (nothing before even though known) and to show Aunts & Uncles (with spouses), and cousins (without) and nothing more!
I find all this strange and wonder if anyone else has encountered family members who are simply not interested in the full and glorious minutiae of family history?
She made it clear that as the children were adopted and not bloodline (to her) she did not want them included in her Tree. I expressed surprise- indeed incredulity - and argued that this was a blinkered view as I could show descendancy from the adopted children alive today and living in her home town; but she would not be moved.
I should point out that in the Tribalpages website I maintain on her behalf and indeed in the FTM 2014 database containing her family tree they are very much included. This does not faze her as long as the family I show in her Genpro Chart omits their presence. In this she asks only that I show her bloodline Descendant line commencing with Great grandparents (nothing before even though known) and to show Aunts & Uncles (with spouses), and cousins (without) and nothing more!
I find all this strange and wonder if anyone else has encountered family members who are simply not interested in the full and glorious minutiae of family history?