sheelak
LostCousins Member
Like Carla, I was not sure where to place my request for help.
My problem is that the surname I am searching for is CHADD. I have managed to trace my ancestors back to Thomas CHADD baptised in 1695 in Bosbury, Herefordshire. His parents are listed as Samuel and Elizabeth CHADD. I have looked through the Bosbury parish records but could not find a Samuel baptised or marrying an Elizabeth in the likely time frame. In desparation I have just put in Samuel CHADD baptised approx 1660 and marrying Elizabeth about 1690 in any area on Familysearch and Ancestry but without success. A fellow family researcher suggested the family came from Buckinghamshire and although there are many Chadds there in the right time frame, but no Samuels!
I wondered whether there were any altnernative names I could search for, knowing how differently letters were written in the early years. Any help or advice would be very welcome.
My problem is that the surname I am searching for is CHADD. I have managed to trace my ancestors back to Thomas CHADD baptised in 1695 in Bosbury, Herefordshire. His parents are listed as Samuel and Elizabeth CHADD. I have looked through the Bosbury parish records but could not find a Samuel baptised or marrying an Elizabeth in the likely time frame. In desparation I have just put in Samuel CHADD baptised approx 1660 and marrying Elizabeth about 1690 in any area on Familysearch and Ancestry but without success. A fellow family researcher suggested the family came from Buckinghamshire and although there are many Chadds there in the right time frame, but no Samuels!
I wondered whether there were any altnernative names I could search for, knowing how differently letters were written in the early years. Any help or advice would be very welcome.