Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
I think you may be correct Tim, If I use Internet Explorer to search in Family Search I get the same result as Bruce.
Interesting, IE I recall way back was FS's Windows default recommendation, certainly in the XP & immediate post XP period. As you and Tim say (and I am sure Alexander is waiting in the wings to agree as he even told Carol in another posting she should consider ditching 8.1) - XP has had its day. That should really read 'ERA' -and sadly even W7 (its worthy successor), is approaching that line in the sand. W10 is now FS's Windows flag carrier almost regardless of browser choice and anything before W7 can expect access problems.
I'm still using Windows XP, so maybe that's the problem. I have a laptop which I use for my family tree and do not use for the internet ...
By all means use XP for off-line projects -many people still do - but if you want to avoid the endless revolving blue circle, now is the time to consider an upgrade for online research, and even a basic laptop (professionally refurbished and upgraded to W10 if necessary) will do the trick.