What is a pre-set tab? Or are you talking about a tab that you leave open from one session to the next?I have had a problem with Family Search trying to open from a pre-set tab
Yes. I always retain auto-set tabs for sites I use frequently, others I self delete. Next session when clicked they open to the page previously viewed. If ID is required for say subscription purpose, and if not auto-entered (from saved), then I enter same manually. On rare occasions -like lately with Family Search - when the previous page is not accepted, and cannot be coaxed by truncating the address line , I just search for the site again and start over.What is a pre-set tab? Or are you talking about a tab that you leave open from one session to the next?
So it's not auto-set or pre-set, simply a case of continuing where you left off (which is what I do on the rare occasions I close my browser)?Although fairly obvious perhaps I should have mentioned my Browser setting are set to 'continue where left off'
Ever the pedant Peter, but that about sums it up yesSo it's not auto-set or pre-set, simply a case of continuing where you left off (which is what I do on the rare occasions I close my browser)?
Bob, as you're one of the technical advisers that we all rely on it's doubly important that we don't misinterpret what you tell us.Ever the pedant Peter, but that about sums it up yes
So do I and it is set to open with 6 tabs, one of which is FamilySearch. I have used FS several times during the past 24 hours and there is no problem with mine.I use Google chrome.
Although perhaps little consolation to you at the time you tried to access Family Search such things are often transient (of the moment) and often soon after (a little time licence required) things right themselves. There are many reasons and as others have reported (and I add my own) the FS site is up and running -and over time that is not always the case being down for upgrade or whatever - you can accept the problem is likely your end. So replicating the problem with a change of browser may mean clearing the cache is not the answer, but but do it anyway, for Chrome at least. (Report back if you are not sure how to go about this).I'm also having trouble getting in to Family Search. I can enter the site and put in my user name and password, but the site then freezes with little circles going round for ever in several boxes. Have never been able to use it. I use Google chrome. Tried it again using Firefox/Mozilla - same result. Help please - anyone?