Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
I have forgotten how to search by Census Reference in Ancestry. I know well how to do it in FMP but for the life of me I cannot recall how to direct Ancestry to perform a reference search. Perhaps it is tied into the 'Old Search/New Search' preferences (I tend to stay with New Search these days) but if someone can enlighten me how to do it I shall be most obliged. (I am searching from within my Tree by the way, not as a cold search from the Toolbar, should this make a difference).
The main reason is that I want to save the resultant search (to my Ancestry Tree) rather than laboriously copy from FMP, especially where there are a lot of names
. It really occurs when Ancestry cannot locate someone already found in FMP (hence knowing the reference). I know there is chance -perhaps a strong chance - it was simply missed by Ancestry (and yes the reverse also happens) but it would be nice to go to a reference search to make sure.
The main reason is that I want to save the resultant search (to my Ancestry Tree) rather than laboriously copy from FMP, especially where there are a lot of names