Bazza43
LostCousins Member
I use 'Search A-Z of Record sets' all the time to find a record set of interest, and one of the most useful record sets to me is * Parish Registers Browse, where * is a county of interest which FMP covers.
However, the usual link to the SEarch for Record sets is no longer in evidence. Does anyone know what's happened? Likewise the parish registers browse facility seems to have vanished. This is very useful, as it gives access to the Record Office reference IDs and also indicates the start and end years of each register.
Tonight I searched for a register of interest by searching the marriages for that county and put in the year 1910. Upon viewing the image for one of them, I found he images raged from 1 to 77. At the end, I found some quite unusual items. Image 77 was the receipt from the Record Office for the register, and it was preceded by odd documents including a blank form for sending (or receiving?) details of the proclamation of the intention to marry and the results (ie Banns) to a Civil Registration Office in France. The form was in French, and I got the impression without spending too long reading it that its purpose was to satisfy French legal requirements that the party was eligible to be married to is proposed spouse.
So although I was frustrated by not being able to see the details of the register I wanted, I did at least see something else of interest.
However, the usual link to the SEarch for Record sets is no longer in evidence. Does anyone know what's happened? Likewise the parish registers browse facility seems to have vanished. This is very useful, as it gives access to the Record Office reference IDs and also indicates the start and end years of each register.
Tonight I searched for a register of interest by searching the marriages for that county and put in the year 1910. Upon viewing the image for one of them, I found he images raged from 1 to 77. At the end, I found some quite unusual items. Image 77 was the receipt from the Record Office for the register, and it was preceded by odd documents including a blank form for sending (or receiving?) details of the proclamation of the intention to marry and the results (ie Banns) to a Civil Registration Office in France. The form was in French, and I got the impression without spending too long reading it that its purpose was to satisfy French legal requirements that the party was eligible to be married to is proposed spouse.
So although I was frustrated by not being able to see the details of the register I wanted, I did at least see something else of interest.