Bryman
LostCousins Megastar
Please can/will somebody help a newcomer to the Scottish censuses?
I may have found an 'ancestor' who appears in the 1881 census for Kincardineshire but the required reference does not appear to be available for entry on My Ancetors page at LC. I have read the FAQs regarding what needs to be entered but the details do not appear to be recorded in the census, or I am beginning to suffer dementure, which I hope is not true for one so young.
LC requires information for . . .
Registration Number
Enumeration District
Page
Ancestry supplies the first two but no Page.
FMP gives nothing at all.
Family Search doesn't even admit that the person existed and shows someone else of the opposite gender.
This must be a trivial error on my part but I fear that I am suffering from a total mind block which is blinding me to the obvious answer. I would be very grateful if some kind soul would explain where I can obtain the required information from. The individual being searched for is George Scott, son of James Scott and Helen Brand, who was born at St Cyrus in 1810.
I may have found an 'ancestor' who appears in the 1881 census for Kincardineshire but the required reference does not appear to be available for entry on My Ancetors page at LC. I have read the FAQs regarding what needs to be entered but the details do not appear to be recorded in the census, or I am beginning to suffer dementure, which I hope is not true for one so young.
LC requires information for . . .
Registration Number
Enumeration District
Page
Ancestry supplies the first two but no Page.
FMP gives nothing at all.
Family Search doesn't even admit that the person existed and shows someone else of the opposite gender.
This must be a trivial error on my part but I fear that I am suffering from a total mind block which is blinding me to the obvious answer. I would be very grateful if some kind soul would explain where I can obtain the required information from. The individual being searched for is George Scott, son of James Scott and Helen Brand, who was born at St Cyrus in 1810.