• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Scottish 1881 Census

Tim

Megastar and Moderator
Staff member
Hi Peter,

I'm trying to add some people to Lost Cousins but the data I find is not in the format that the entry form is expecting. I have this data from Ancestry
Capture.PNG

and this from FamilySearch
Capture1.PNG

but the Lost Cousins entry form looks like this and asks for a page number
Capture2.PNG

Where do I find the page number???
 
Alexander is obviously our Scottish expert but... I had a few Scottish entries to make and I think on the Ancestry record, the page ref is in the small text under the bit you have captured. At least I recall having the same problem and going back to the library (for their search facility), writing down every number I could see, and I ended up with something usable. (mind you, I can't be sure I was correct)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tim
On Ancestry Tim if you look under the Save this Record button the first line is "Source Citation" which your record says:

Source Citation: Parish: Aberdour; ED: 5; Page: 5; Line: 6; Roll: cssct1881_55.

Now unfortunately it isn't the full citation needed for Lost Cousins as the Parish is given as text and not the number so you need to mix and match the two :( ie: Use the "Registration Number" for the parish in the top record and the ED & Page from the citation line.
 
Hi Liberty,

I never looked down there! Well remembered, this is what it looks like. Thanks so much!
Capture.PNG
 
Back
Top