teachersue
LostCousins Member
I'm trying to find the death record for a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy. I've tried the National Archives, but cannot find one there.
I have a newspaper report (Kentish Gazette, Canterbury March 28 1843) that gives his death as "March 4, at Portrush, county Antrim, Ireland, Lieut. John Holland, R.N. son-in-law to the late Capt. Wm Boxer R.N. leaving a widow and young family...".
I also have a copy of his will, which was written just over a month before he died. I can't find any military records for him.
I also cannot find a marriage for him. His wife was Anne Boxer, born about 1815 in Dover, Kent. She had at least 3 children with him, in 1835, 1840 and 1841. The first two being born in Rathmullan, Donegal. 3 years after his death Anne went on to marry John Scudamore in Dublin.
I've looked in Ireland and England for his marriage and death records.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
I have a newspaper report (Kentish Gazette, Canterbury March 28 1843) that gives his death as "March 4, at Portrush, county Antrim, Ireland, Lieut. John Holland, R.N. son-in-law to the late Capt. Wm Boxer R.N. leaving a widow and young family...".
I also have a copy of his will, which was written just over a month before he died. I can't find any military records for him.
I also cannot find a marriage for him. His wife was Anne Boxer, born about 1815 in Dover, Kent. She had at least 3 children with him, in 1835, 1840 and 1841. The first two being born in Rathmullan, Donegal. 3 years after his death Anne went on to marry John Scudamore in Dublin.
I've looked in Ireland and England for his marriage and death records.
Any suggestions would be appreciated