Would the free RootsMagic Essentials do the job or a RootsMagic free trial?
Putting it mildly I am fed up to the back teeth with FTM. I have two issues that I have been told are 'local' therefore I'm given the impression there is no hurry to do a fix because it's not affecting the whole world.
I have had 4 Live Chat session with McKiev, this is an extract from the last session:
McKiev: The development team is investigating the issue, as you may understand, that's not the issue that can be fixed in one click. We hope the issue will be fixed in the upcoming update.
Me: But when is that update scheduled for?
McKiev: We expect the free update for FTM 2019 to be released really soon.
Me: BUT, i have FTM 2017 !!
Suggest you let me have a new copy of FTM2017.
McKiev: You can get a free replacement download, but it's not a fix for the sync issue you have. I would advise trying to download a tree from Ancestry a new, and check if the issue can be observed there.
At that I said goodbye because if the person had read my case properly they would have seen that I had already 'been there done that'.
My trees in FTM are corrupt because the sync has detached some of the husbands and wives. Each time I try to sync it tells me I have made changes to hundreds of people when I have not. (I cancel the sync when I see that).
To cut to the chase, I have been looking for an alternative that will sync with Ancestry. I have looked at
Roots Magic and it appears it now only syncs with FamilySearch Trees because there is no mention of Ancestry.
What would you do under the circumstances?