It does seem that the references Google finds to a Milton Street, Euston Square quite likely refer to Melton Street, Euston Square.Using the Census Street Search for 1851 and 1861 on FMP there is a Melton Street in St Pancras (where the birth certificate was issued) but no Milton Street.
Thanks Heather, that is what I have been using. Still no success. May give it a break and then look again after a few days with fresh eyes.Using the Census Street Search for 1851 and 1861 on FMP there is a Melton Street in St Pancras (where the birth certificate was issued) but no Milton Street. This new tool on FMP is very useful.
Yes, I've found other references which seem to refer to both as being the same place.It does seem that the references Google finds to a Milton Street, Euston Square quite likely refer to Melton Street, Euston Square.
I have found both.Yes, I've found other references which seem to refer to both as being the same place.
It's in the wrong area, though. The birth entry shows the full address as Euston Square, and it was registered in the St Pancras district, so any Milton Streets outside of that area won't be relevant.Milton Street is in Cripplegate, City of London
I didn't imply that they were, I was simply pointing out that both spellings were not the same place, in response to #26.so any Milton Streets outside of that area won't be relevant.
Yes, you are quite right - there are several Milton Streets, including the one in Cripplegate, which are not the same place as the Melton Street in the birth entry.I didn't imply that they were, I was simply pointing out that both spellings were not the same place, in response to #26.
I found the same and mentioned this in post #6 of this thread.I also looked for Upper Stamford Street in 1861 and discovered that the section containing No 61 is missing.
Oops, so you did. Sorry Helen! How did I manage to miss that?! Still great minds think alike ....I found the same and mentioned this in post #6 of this thread.