I’ve moved this thread here to avoid cluttering Red’s stats page.
The Mac version has gone live with a version that allows printing and the automated searching so I was thinking that I’d add the Lost Cousins stats page to the app next. At present the windows version uses the link from my summary page so I can just reuse that. Although it may be more useful for your stats to know if you are getting traffic due to people using FTAnalyzer.
There’s now about 2000 users using the app with an average of 700 unique users a week using it, and around 130 users a day. So anything I can do to drive more traffic to the Lost Cousins site and get more people entering more ancestors is a clear goal.
My thought was to do some form of Facebook promo on my site specifically focused on getting folks to use the Lost Cousins features once the Mac version is available. Probably including a few step by step walkthroughs so that it encourages people to take part. Hopefully once they see how easy FTAnalyzer makes adding cousins lots of people will take part.
I think they the key is to break their fear that they are re-entering lots of data or that it’s difficult to do.
Last edited: