canadianbeth
LostCousins Star
I was hoping to already find that someone had started a discussion like this. I have had Family Tree Maker for many years now and am relatively happy with it, not knowing that there were others out there that might be better until recently. I tried MyHeritage because my cousins were using it but find it hard to navigate in the family view, and then folks here were saying it was not private enough so I stopped. I have since uploaded my DNA information to it and heard from one possible match. I also have Family Search but there are people on there that are not correct and I have been unable to delete them (I just sent them a message regarding that). I just downloaded the trial version of Family Historian and like the setup for the ancestor diagram and the fact that there is a definite line between two brothers whose children married, making them first cousins and my grandmother's parents. I have not yet done much else with it though, so any tips would be helpful. The Quick Start Guide was too small for me to really understand.
FTM now has colour coding but I do not understand it at all. It would be helpful if someone could explain it and say whether it is really all that useful.
FTM now has colour coding but I do not understand it at all. It would be helpful if someone could explain it and say whether it is really all that useful.
