AngelaC
LostCousins Member
That all sounds only too familiar, Stuart!
Speaking as a recently ex software developer, I have three main gripes about the whole implementation -
Speaking as a recently ex software developer, I have three main gripes about the whole implementation -
- one is that they took the system out for such a long time, which may be an indication that they wrote the new one in situ rather than having a separate testing environment and then making it "live" which is a much more normal development practice and means the live system is only out of action for a short while
- given the number and type of errors we are encountering/have encountered, I do wonder whether there was actually any testing at all by anyone other than the people doing the coding
- putting aside the whole situation of releasing a system with very significant errors, I wonder who is actually fielding the emails being sent to them since, being as succinct and clear as I can possibly be, they obviously haven't read the content of my emails.