Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
As I have declared often on the Forum I regard Tribal Pages as a brilliant site, and much more to the point would be lost without it, and have three individual Trees within it. Which brings me on to this posting, all of a sudden I cannot reach the site - either with my personal URL or a generic Tribal Page Home one. Each is blocked and not just on one browser -or one computer for that matter - but all round.
I first suspected a Kaspersky update may have caused the problem, but even when I add the Tribal Page URL to its exclusions, it makes no difference, even after a reboot. This is of the moment in every sense, as yesterday and the day before (or should or I say countless days before) it opened from my pinned tab or from my bookmarks. But today 'The site cannot be reached'
I usually open Tribal Pages using the Opera browser where it set to be my opening page, but when that didn't work I tried in turn Edge, IE, Chrome & Firefox over a range of devices. All gave the same 'cannot open' report. When I try to revert to the standard HTTP instead of its HTTPS it immediate defaults to the latter and shows the (i) symbol meaning 'unsafe'. I even tried the Silk browser on my tablet (which does not have Kaspersky) which also reports the site can't be reached.
So - ERGO - I am up the creek without a paddle. The site is down: period; or it has been hacked ; or all of a sudden its 'Certificate' is not recognised. If it were anyone else I would advise them to try later and so will take my own advice, but meanwhile if anyone out there cares to try https://www.tribalpages.com and can get in, do let me know.
I first suspected a Kaspersky update may have caused the problem, but even when I add the Tribal Page URL to its exclusions, it makes no difference, even after a reboot. This is of the moment in every sense, as yesterday and the day before (or should or I say countless days before) it opened from my pinned tab or from my bookmarks. But today 'The site cannot be reached'
I usually open Tribal Pages using the Opera browser where it set to be my opening page, but when that didn't work I tried in turn Edge, IE, Chrome & Firefox over a range of devices. All gave the same 'cannot open' report. When I try to revert to the standard HTTP instead of its HTTPS it immediate defaults to the latter and shows the (i) symbol meaning 'unsafe'. I even tried the Silk browser on my tablet (which does not have Kaspersky) which also reports the site can't be reached.
So - ERGO - I am up the creek without a paddle. The site is down: period; or it has been hacked ; or all of a sudden its 'Certificate' is not recognised. If it were anyone else I would advise them to try later and so will take my own advice, but meanwhile if anyone out there cares to try https://www.tribalpages.com and can get in, do let me know.