chrissy1
LostCousins Star
I upgraded FTM 2014 to FTM 2014.1 when it was taken over but have not upgraded since and as my online Ancestry tree and computer tree are no longer identical after syncing ceased, I have kept them separate. (I have copious notes on the computer version which I do not want to lose)
However, the last block of names in my computer tree is now behaving very peculiarly and I cannot edit or add new names to this section or even access details. The Zurlinden surnames freeze on screen and the program will not respond and needs to be shut down. Many of the names have duplicated themselves numerous times and cannot be erased. I have recently had a DNA match with a Zurlinden descendant and it is most frustrating as I daren't view this section of tree in case I lose the whole lot! I am also wary of transferring my research to another program as I don't know what is causing this problem. Any suggestions, but please bear in mind I am a complete technophobe (still!)?
However, the last block of names in my computer tree is now behaving very peculiarly and I cannot edit or add new names to this section or even access details. The Zurlinden surnames freeze on screen and the program will not respond and needs to be shut down. Many of the names have duplicated themselves numerous times and cannot be erased. I have recently had a DNA match with a Zurlinden descendant and it is most frustrating as I daren't view this section of tree in case I lose the whole lot! I am also wary of transferring my research to another program as I don't know what is causing this problem. Any suggestions, but please bear in mind I am a complete technophobe (still!)?