• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Problem accessing LMA resources on Ancestry

Steve Henley

LostCousins Member
According to the Lostcousins newsletter, London Metropolitan Archives data are supposed to be free of charge for 2 weeks from today. Unfortunately nobody seems to have told Ancestry, because it comes up with the free trial splash screen when I want to see search reults, whether text or images.
 
Have you registered for a free account at Ancestry, or logged-in, if you already have one? Sometimes you can't look at free records unless you are logged in - otherwise Ancestry will try to persuade you to start a free trial instead.
 
Thanks for the thought! Yes - I've had a free Ancestry account for several years - as a regular Rootsweb user it was quite useful to have. That isn't the problem. I'll try it again tomorrow.
 
For the benefit of anyone following this discussion, having an Ancestry account isn't sufficient - you need to be logged-in (as mentioned in the newsletter).

However the free access does seem to be sporadic - most of the time it works for me, but sometimes it doesn't.
 
I've experienced the same problem when logged in.
Despite logging out and relogging in and using different devices and various web browsers at different times I am still not allowed to view the records.
It doesn't appear to be sporadic but always wants me to sign up to become a member.
 
I've given up - waste of time. This can wait until my next trip to London (whenever that is), and I can visit LMA in person
 
Have you tried the Ancestry link on the LMA page that I link to from my article? Some members who were having a problem found that this solved it..
 
Back
Top