canadianbeth
LostCousins Star
I found the will of my 7th great-grandfather who died in 1742. It is handwritten and very difficult to read. The one I found from 1760 for my 6th gg was handwritten and also printed out in plain English. This one is not. It appears he had three children; I only knew about the daughter, but I cannot tell for sure as it gives his son George one hundred pounds and then much further down gives his wife and son William the remainder of his estate. Since he referred to himself as William the Elder, a son William makes sense, but why just give George a hundred pounds (and his daughter a piece of his plate and ?) Not that that matters; I am just wanting to know how to be able to read the will in English I can understand. The find a will site begins at 1858.