CarolB08
LostCousins Member
Just last week my Brother and I were contacted on Ancestry via a comment left on a photograph of our Father who was as we had thought a Polish displaced person. This man left us the correct spelling for the village he was born both in Polish and Ukrainian. I mearly thanked him but my Brother messaged him and asked how he knew of our Father. THey had a brief conversation and we thought no more of it.
Then a few days ago I got a message on facebook messenger and my Brother got a message on Ancestry both said the same thing " Are you looking for information about relatives of S*****n M*****k, who was born in Kusnishcha village?
I looked at this for a while and when I realised he had sent the same message to my Brother I decided to reply and asked him what he knew about him. He responded that he had good news for us and that he thought he had found the Granddaughter of my Fathers Parents! Well you can imagine this has floored the pair of us as we thought all of Dads relatives had perished in WW2.
Long story short my Brother has been messenging her through google translate and facebook and they have exchanged several family photographs the latest of which are uncannily similar.
I really want to ask her is the family would be willing to do a dna test but am not sure how to broach such a sensitive subject or if they are allowed or available in the Ukraine ?
Then a few days ago I got a message on facebook messenger and my Brother got a message on Ancestry both said the same thing " Are you looking for information about relatives of S*****n M*****k, who was born in Kusnishcha village?
I looked at this for a while and when I realised he had sent the same message to my Brother I decided to reply and asked him what he knew about him. He responded that he had good news for us and that he thought he had found the Granddaughter of my Fathers Parents! Well you can imagine this has floored the pair of us as we thought all of Dads relatives had perished in WW2.
Long story short my Brother has been messenging her through google translate and facebook and they have exchanged several family photographs the latest of which are uncannily similar.
I really want to ask her is the family would be willing to do a dna test but am not sure how to broach such a sensitive subject or if they are allowed or available in the Ukraine ?