• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Parish Locator Software

GillyGC

LostCousins Member
Hello everyone,

I've got myself a new laptop and wanted to download the incredibly useful Parish Locator... I've put a search into Google and found the website, I think, but when I click the 'Download' button I keep getting taken to Ancestry.

Has it been discontinued? Or does anybody know the current and correct download link, please?

Cheerio for now,

Gill
 
Hello everyone,

I've got myself a new laptop and wanted to download the incredibly useful Parish Locator... I've put a search into Google and found the website, I think, but when I c
Has it been discontinued? Or does anybody know the current and correct download link, please?

Cheerio for now,

Gill
I do not use the site but a quick Google found Parish Locator straight away. It is quite easy to be side tracked when searching by clicking on 'lure' sites, and both Ancestry & FMP get up to those tricks. Whether this was the reason or not the site can be found here Parish Locator I assume this is the site you seek, and hopefully not another 'lure' site.
 
Last edited:
I do not use the site but a quick Google found Parish Locator straight away. It is quite easy to be side tracked when searching by clicking on 'lure' sites, and both Ancestry & FMP get up to those tricks. Whether this was the reason or not the site can be found here Parish Locator I assume this is the site you seek, and hopefully not another 'lure' site.
Thank you, but that is the very place I went to... however, what should have been an easy download after clicking on the link was nothing of the sort... a link to Ancestry occurred and a series of questions. I didn't see ANY download link on that new page.
 
Oh, so it was a hidden 'lure' and I did not take it further. I did manage to find another Parish Locator with the title 'Our Bennett and Family History Parish Locator site' which others recommend, see if that suits or as Peter says use Family Search Maps.
 
Back
Top