Carla
LostCousins Star
I have just read an article which made me think about how much our language has changed over the years. Obviously if you have read Chaucer, or Shakespeare it is easy to see that people spoke and wrote differently to how we do now, but even over the last few years I think the invention of mobile phones, in particular, has changed the way we write? I am sure I am not the only parent who has been baffled by words that their children use? Mind you my eldest son does tell me off for my absolutely horrendous, as he puts it, text spelling when sending him a message. Honestly, I cannot be the only one to use lol, or brb? 
Oxforddictionaries.com has added some new words in it's quarterly update, many of which I didn't even recognise. I am obviously rather out of date, and not very 'hip and trendy'
as the new additions apparently show the current trends in our language. I feel so old.....YOLO
Oxforddictionaries.com has added some new words in it's quarterly update, many of which I didn't even recognise. I am obviously rather out of date, and not very 'hip and trendy'