Does anyone know a way to create a tree to link to DNA results on Ancestry that caters for uncertainty about a parental relationship? As in, mother's family fully known but father's family could be one of two alternatives? I have asked Ancestry and they said no ... but I think they were actually saying that you can only link DNA to one tree?
I have tried all of the options I can find in Family Historian, but always one father becomes the default. I want to get the DNA results to link to either potential father - to be able to judge the most likely biological father - but also I want to know the history of both men (because, whatever the biology, both were significant in the family's social history).
When I upload the tree to Ancestry it seems to reflect that the person has two fathers, but only uses one of them to detect common ancestors.
Surely I am not alone in this? Anyone know how best to proceed? TIA for any advice.
I have tried all of the options I can find in Family Historian, but always one father becomes the default. I want to get the DNA results to link to either potential father - to be able to judge the most likely biological father - but also I want to know the history of both men (because, whatever the biology, both were significant in the family's social history).
When I upload the tree to Ancestry it seems to reflect that the person has two fathers, but only uses one of them to detect common ancestors.
Surely I am not alone in this? Anyone know how best to proceed? TIA for any advice.