This question was prompted by reading the "next phase" article in the latest newsletter.
I am researching a one-name study for a name (Hulbert) different from my own (Clifford). One of my great grandmothers was descended from one of the largest branches of Hulberts so I have included all her cousins in my own ancestors on LostCousins.
But I am wondering how to handle all the other Hulberts, and their relatives, in my study. Should I treat all of them as my ancestors as this makes it easy for me to deal with any matches that occur? Or I should I open a separate account at LostCousins and, if so, do I add duplicate entries for all the Hulberts in my own family?
I am researching a one-name study for a name (Hulbert) different from my own (Clifford). One of my great grandmothers was descended from one of the largest branches of Hulberts so I have included all her cousins in my own ancestors on LostCousins.
But I am wondering how to handle all the other Hulberts, and their relatives, in my study. Should I treat all of them as my ancestors as this makes it easy for me to deal with any matches that occur? Or I should I open a separate account at LostCousins and, if so, do I add duplicate entries for all the Hulberts in my own family?