• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

No forename written on census sheet

LesC

LostCousins Star
I have an instance where the wife's forename is not given on the census form.
See 1881 census RG11 Piece 1503 Folio 21 Page 36 - 1st entry, surname "Goodall".
I can't find any info about this in the FAQ's, so please, how do I enter her into the LostCousins database?
A blank forename is not excepted, neither is a "?" as transcribed on FMP.
I have entered a "-" which has been accepted. Is this correct / ok?
Thanks,
Les.
 
If a forename is missing you should enter a 'full stop', as this will be accepted but converted to a blank. This isn't in the FAQs because it is such a rare occurence.
 
Back
Top