• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

New Zealand Cemetery Records

Emmyw

LostCousins Member
Hi All

On the TV1 news last night there was an item about New Zealand Cemetery Records, which volunteers had been working on for the last thirty years, going on line, and accessible free for Waitangi Weekend. Does anybody know anything more about this, as I have not managed to establish where they are located. I had assumed it was the NZ Society of Genealogists!!

Thank you
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Emmyw,

I believe NZSG completed this project with help from Ancestry.com so I expect that is where they will appear.

The gentleman that appeared on TV1 with Gay Williams, Ben Mercer , was from Ancestry.co.au

Good Luck
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Emmyw,

I believe NZSG completed this project with help from Ancestry.com so I expect that is where they will appear.

The gentleman that appeared on TV1 with Gay Williams, Ben Mercer , was from Ancestry.co.au

Good Luck
John B

Hi John

Thank you for that - it is greatly appreciated.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ancestry has advised that ALL New Zealand records will be freely available for the whole weekend. 6-9Feb.

(Discover the story of your New Zealand heritage with FREE* access to all our New Zealand records this Waitangi Day long weekend. )
 
Thanks Fern - I am kicking myself now, as I am not quite geared up for it (new computer) but I will certainly make the most of it.
 
Back
Top