That leaf has always been there, what it displays has changed in format. It used to have a number, mine had displayed 99 for what seems like years.Just connected to Ancestry and there is a "Hints leaf" to the left of the message envelope that I haven't noticed before. On selecting it a list is shown of people I added to a new tree yesterday to try and narrow down a direct ancestor search.
The green dot reappeared after leaving Ancestry web page and returning to it an hour or so later. It disappears the moment you click on a Hint but comes back to remind you of its existence should you deign to move on to other things.I did notice the green dot disappeared after first clicking on a Hint
I think it's a method of drawing your attention to the green leaf which incidentally has shrunk in size and is now a sort of silvery colour.Perhaps the green dot is to remind you to check out the Hints. Seems harmless enough.
The green dot reappeared after leaving Ancestry web page and returning to it an hour or so later. It disappears the moment you click on a Hint but comes back to remind you of its existence should you deign to move on to other things.
Edit: The green dot appears apparently when you have responded to a Hint and then appears to remind you that you have actioned a Hint![]()
I get neither a number nor a green dot alongside my Hints leaf, and when I click once on the leaf, nothing happens, but when I double click on the leaf, ALL my Hints are listed (over 11,000 of them), sorted most recent first.Yes Atinz in right, the 'Hints Leaf' has been part of the furniture on Ancestry for ages, and yes normally shows a number alongside, and - again agreeing - seems to stick on 99 for ever. However when I opened an Ancestry link this morning alongside the leaf was a vibrant green dot I haven't seen before.
It means Ancestry has added the Hints within the last day but l am also puzzled as to why it's for somebody you haven't looked at within the last day.What is a bit puzzling is that I have a whole raft of hints (mainly photos) labelled as 'Within the last day'
That's because your tree is synced to Ancestry and probably you have 'Show Hints from Ancestry' ticked in the Options Screen. To find that, select Tools then Options.I find that I suddenly get a hint for someone that I was looking at in FTM