jorghes
LostCousins Superstar
I'm not sure this is a problem, and I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this seemingly new feature.
I was adding 1940 US census entries to some of my family tree, and there seems to be a new element to the hints.
A blue box with a light globe appears at the top of record with "There's more to discover in this record dive into the life of .... in 1940" and a bold "start tour" button.
If you click "Start Tour", it opens up a window with the image of the census page and takes you step by step through each of the elements available in the 1940 (with accompanying explanation and zooming into the image along with statistics of the area) - Address, home ownership (of parent if looking at a child), household members, age, education status, birthplaces, occupation + hours worked and income (again of parent if looking at child).
It's an interesting little tour addition, presumably to aid those who are not as familiar or as practised with what is available on census returns.
I have not noticed if it is available on any other census returns (other than it does not appear on any of the other US Censuses that I have noticed so far.)
What does everyone think?
I was adding 1940 US census entries to some of my family tree, and there seems to be a new element to the hints.
A blue box with a light globe appears at the top of record with "There's more to discover in this record dive into the life of .... in 1940" and a bold "start tour" button.
If you click "Start Tour", it opens up a window with the image of the census page and takes you step by step through each of the elements available in the 1940 (with accompanying explanation and zooming into the image along with statistics of the area) - Address, home ownership (of parent if looking at a child), household members, age, education status, birthplaces, occupation + hours worked and income (again of parent if looking at child).
It's an interesting little tour addition, presumably to aid those who are not as familiar or as practised with what is available on census returns.
I have not noticed if it is available on any other census returns (other than it does not appear on any of the other US Censuses that I have noticed so far.)
What does everyone think?