• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Nearly 5 years later, still no action from Findmypast

SarahLC

Genealogy in the Sunshine 2015
I decided to post this again here, since many will not have seen it in the India forum. All suggestions welcome!

In early 2014 I found a will record that interested me on Findmypast. According to the index, the will begins on page 89. However, Findmypast takes me to page 92, which is clearly in the middle of the will. There seems to be no way to go back a few pages to see the whole thing and customer service has been less than helpful.

Here is the original post.

Every year I send them another email and every year they kindly tell me that they have, indeed, been able to replicate the problem and have “escalated” the report with the data team and will get back to me as soon as they hear. Ha. I don’t understand why it is so difficult to point the search result to the correct page. Or better yet, allow browsing.

I am fed up with the dismal customer service of that company and no longer have a subscription. Using the free access last weekend I checked again to be sure, but nothing has changed - the first 3 pages of the will are still inaccessible. Very frustrating!
 
I suspect that's why nothing has been done - they are gradually introducing browsing across their image sets.
That would be a great improvement! Do you have any idea of the time frame for this? I still feel that it is inexcusable not to provide the extra pages to a customer who has paid for them. In my experience, ScotlandsPeople.gov.uk would have simply emailed them to me within a matter of days.
 
That would be a great improvement! Do you have any idea of the time frame for this?
I don't, I'm afraid - it's something they've been doing over a number of years.

But if you provide the details of the will you're having trouble with I'll take a look into i myself.
 
Thanks, I'll be interested in what you are able to find out.

British India Office Wills & Probate
William Fraser
Bengal
1830
Archive reference: L-AG-34-29-47
Page/folio number: 89
 
I've spoken to a contact at Findmypast and it will be escalated, but don't hold your breath.
 
I'm pleased to say that, having just taken advantage of the free offer this weekend, I see that the above record is now available!:) No idea when they fixed the problem, since I was not notified, but perhaps your nudging was what did the trick, Peter. Thanks!
 
I'm pleased to say that, having just taken advantage of the free offer this weekend, I see that the above record is now available!:) No idea when they fixed the problem, since I was not notified, but perhaps your nudging was what did the trick, Peter. Thanks!
It's probably just a coincidence - but good to know that you can see it at last!
 
Back
Top