Spedders
Genealogy in the Sunshine 2015
I was born in Northumberland, live in Staffordshire and commute daily to London to work. I started researching my family tree in 1996, when I was working on London Wall. My mum presented me with my grandfather's research and asked me to develop it, with particular interest in her maternal line. As I was within walking distance of the Guildhall library (Lloyds List and some other maritime records), SoG, London Metropolitan Archive and the then Family Records Centre on Rosebery Avenue, I agreed and became hooked. I admit now that some of what I have in my tree is conjecture and best guesses from what I have been able to deduce as 'fact' - this is all waiting until either my retirement (still some way off) and holidays in Kew, or someone's digitisation of records as yet unknown! My father had all but refused to talk about his side of the family, and I suppose there were one or two issues more or less that may have caused that, but none more or less so than most other families!