A
At home in NZ
Guest
This is a follow up to the Discussion ‘Should I bite the bullet - a MyHeritage dilemma’.
I have started a new discussion because that one got rather messy.
It seems I have had a big memory lapse because I did actually obtain a free account in Feb 2021, my membership was terminated on 6 August 2021 at my request and no, I do not remember why.
In July 2021 there was an update to their privacy policy due to:
MyHeritage’s acquisition by leading private equity firm. Francisco Partners.
The address at the foot of that email was
MyHeritage Ltd. (Israel), 2975 Executive Parkway, Suite 310, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Lehi is also where Family Search is.
The one person I have been able to talk to said they are not aware of any records in MyH that are not in Ancestry that pertain to their own research i.e. English.
They also made the comment that a lot of the links in MyH went to Family Search.
An email received from Family Tree Magazine containing a link to:
MyHeritage for Free: 10 Tips for Using It Without a Subscription
I used this link to access the MyH Collection Catalog
My findings, for what they are worth:
The census collection does not include Scotland 1911.
It does include the 1939 register which was last updated 12 May 2022
I found the England, Essex Parish Registers, 1538-1900.
I have a copy of the parish register for my grandmother’s baptism, which I know was obtained from the Essex Parish Registers. I searched in MyH but her name didn’t appear in the results.
Every record I attempted to look at produced the message that I should log in and participate in the 14 day trial until I went to look at the 1901 Ireland census which gave me the transcript and a link to look at the full record in the National Archives.
I have started a new discussion because that one got rather messy.
It seems I have had a big memory lapse because I did actually obtain a free account in Feb 2021, my membership was terminated on 6 August 2021 at my request and no, I do not remember why.
In July 2021 there was an update to their privacy policy due to:
MyHeritage’s acquisition by leading private equity firm. Francisco Partners.
The address at the foot of that email was
MyHeritage Ltd. (Israel), 2975 Executive Parkway, Suite 310, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Lehi is also where Family Search is.
The one person I have been able to talk to said they are not aware of any records in MyH that are not in Ancestry that pertain to their own research i.e. English.
They also made the comment that a lot of the links in MyH went to Family Search.
An email received from Family Tree Magazine containing a link to:
MyHeritage for Free: 10 Tips for Using It Without a Subscription
I used this link to access the MyH Collection Catalog
My findings, for what they are worth:
The census collection does not include Scotland 1911.
It does include the 1939 register which was last updated 12 May 2022
I found the England, Essex Parish Registers, 1538-1900.
I have a copy of the parish register for my grandmother’s baptism, which I know was obtained from the Essex Parish Registers. I searched in MyH but her name didn’t appear in the results.
Every record I attempted to look at produced the message that I should log in and participate in the 14 day trial until I went to look at the 1901 Ireland census which gave me the transcript and a link to look at the full record in the National Archives.