Bryman
LostCousins Megastar
Not actually my blood relative but a likely super centenarian (over 110 years old) and possibly the oldest living person in England just a few years ago.
I keep finding 'ancestors' who nearly make it to 100 years but never quite. Now I have found one who may have gone well past but does not seem to have received the recognition that she possibly deserves, always assuming that the information held by FMP and Ancestry is correct!
Annie-Marie Anchors' birth was registered at Wolstanton, Staffordshire in the 4th quarter of 1889 (Vol 6B, Page 123). Someone has recorded the DoB as 18/Nov in Ancestry but I don't know where that information came from. Then she married my blood relative, William Holley, at Wolstanton in the 4th quarter of 1912 (Vol 6B, Page 205) and had two sons, Reginald and William, both of whom pre-deceased her.
I haven't found an official record of her death but surely she cannot still be alive. There is a public tree on Ancestry which claims an unsubstantiated death on 1/Dec/2002 at Bucknall Hospital, Stoke-on-Trent. Being so recent, I thought that might have been provided by personal knowledge.
I don't know how to verify the accuracy of that claim so looked to Wikipedia to see if anyone that old might have had special mention. There is a list of 130 super centenarians but Annie does not appear on it, probably because her details have not been validated. Would the hospital be able to confirm the death or would they hide behind the Data Protection Act?
How many other forum members have found centenarians in their trees?
I keep finding 'ancestors' who nearly make it to 100 years but never quite. Now I have found one who may have gone well past but does not seem to have received the recognition that she possibly deserves, always assuming that the information held by FMP and Ancestry is correct!
Annie-Marie Anchors' birth was registered at Wolstanton, Staffordshire in the 4th quarter of 1889 (Vol 6B, Page 123). Someone has recorded the DoB as 18/Nov in Ancestry but I don't know where that information came from. Then she married my blood relative, William Holley, at Wolstanton in the 4th quarter of 1912 (Vol 6B, Page 205) and had two sons, Reginald and William, both of whom pre-deceased her.
I haven't found an official record of her death but surely she cannot still be alive. There is a public tree on Ancestry which claims an unsubstantiated death on 1/Dec/2002 at Bucknall Hospital, Stoke-on-Trent. Being so recent, I thought that might have been provided by personal knowledge.
I don't know how to verify the accuracy of that claim so looked to Wikipedia to see if anyone that old might have had special mention. There is a list of 130 super centenarians but Annie does not appear on it, probably because her details have not been validated. Would the hospital be able to confirm the death or would they hide behind the Data Protection Act?
How many other forum members have found centenarians in their trees?