Jonathan C
Member
I don't want to teach Grannies or Grandads to suck eggs 'cos I don't know how well known this resource is, but I've been finding CityArk, the online catalogue of the Medway Council Archives Service both interesting and useful.
On the left side of the home page is a link to Parish Registers Online, and this leads to a description of whats available which in turn leads to high quality scans of original registers for a reasonable number of parishes in the Rochester / Medway area, which of course are individually listed.
It's not yet indexed but it's a great browse, particularly if you know the parish you're interested in.
On the left side of the home page is a link to Parish Registers Online, and this leads to a description of whats available which in turn leads to high quality scans of original registers for a reasonable number of parishes in the Rochester / Medway area, which of course are individually listed.
It's not yet indexed but it's a great browse, particularly if you know the parish you're interested in.