Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
I manage my sister's test through my Ancestry account but, as was then obligatory, her results are also in an account in her name which I have access to but never use, as I can do everything through my own account.
Or so I thought....
A few times recently I have messages relating to her DNA go to her own account rather than to mine, one of which was a reply to a message I'd sent to a match in her list.
Looking at my match list, I can see a number of matches whose tests are being managed by someone else. So, for example, I have a match with N whose test is managed by someone called C. When I view this match there is a white clickable box near the top of the page which say 'Message', and lower down the page, a green clickable box which says 'Contact C'.
Clicking either box opens up the Messaging page but shows the message is going to N not to C.
Shouldn't the message be going to C as test manager?
It looks to me as though something is amiss here, and if so I'll report it to Ancestry, but I was wondering if others are experiencing the same thing, and if others agree that messages should be going to the test manager.
Or so I thought....
A few times recently I have messages relating to her DNA go to her own account rather than to mine, one of which was a reply to a message I'd sent to a match in her list.
Looking at my match list, I can see a number of matches whose tests are being managed by someone else. So, for example, I have a match with N whose test is managed by someone called C. When I view this match there is a white clickable box near the top of the page which say 'Message', and lower down the page, a green clickable box which says 'Contact C'.
Clicking either box opens up the Messaging page but shows the message is going to N not to C.
Shouldn't the message be going to C as test manager?
It looks to me as though something is amiss here, and if so I'll report it to Ancestry, but I was wondering if others are experiencing the same thing, and if others agree that messages should be going to the test manager.