SandieCee
LostCousins Member
I think it´s always a bit unnerving when you meet a lost cousin for the first time. I discovered my 2nd cousin though Lost Cousins site whilst researching my grandfather's "mystery" family. We had no idea the other existed. Our grandfathers were brothers making her father & my mother first cousins (who also had no idea of each others existence & sadly never met. My grandfather was born out of wedlock & brought up by his grandparents. His parents later married and had 3 more children. We still don´t know if my grandfather ever knew that his "sister " was in fact his mother or if he ever met his siblings. My 2nd cousin came out to visit me on holiday (I live abroad) & although we were very different in backgrounds jobs etc.. we got on well & she returned the following year with her sister who amazingly looks like she could be my sister! We swapped photo´s and our grandfathers looked like twins they were so similar. So all in all a very positive experience & we are in touch a lot via email.