Fern49
LostCousins Star
My g/g/grandfather Patrick Timmins was born in Dublin, Ireland and married Ann nee Mullally (Murphy) in 1832, Portsmouth, England.
Patrick served in Mauritius at least from 1839-1843 as 2 of his daughters Ann & Catherine were born there.
Ann 2nd marriage Isaac Taylor in 1848, she was listed as Widow on the marriage certificate, so obviously Patrick had died. Ann was living in the Barracks in Portsmouth at the time of her marriage to Isaac.
I have found Isaac Taylor's military records but cannot find Patricks, any Patrick Timmins that I do find, the birth date & enlistment date doesn't stack up in the time when he was born.
Can anyone explain this please.? His records must be somewhere.?
Thanks.
Patrick served in Mauritius at least from 1839-1843 as 2 of his daughters Ann & Catherine were born there.
Ann 2nd marriage Isaac Taylor in 1848, she was listed as Widow on the marriage certificate, so obviously Patrick had died. Ann was living in the Barracks in Portsmouth at the time of her marriage to Isaac.
I have found Isaac Taylor's military records but cannot find Patricks, any Patrick Timmins that I do find, the birth date & enlistment date doesn't stack up in the time when he was born.
Can anyone explain this please.? His records must be somewhere.?
Thanks.